Jan 16, 2020
January is always a good producer of a Winter Wonderland up in the Inland Northwest! I’m nestled in with a hot cup of tea and looking out the window to an accumulation of more than a foot of snow. Outside of the constant shoveling, frozen outside hoses, and driving challenges, the blanket of snow leaves a quiet and peaceful serene that I enjoy this time of year. This is an excellent time to get caught up on long-overdue readings and sharpen my professional knowledge.
Did you ever stop to realize nearly everything has an expiration date? Being educated and staying on top of your professional game has one of the longest expirations you can find for yourself. I encourage you to invest in yourself through certification in your credit profession with a CBA, CBF, CCRA, CCE, or ICCP designation. NACM CS and its partners are already working to bring you educational opportunities in all regions for professional development in 2020. See this list of big “Save the Dates” below and watch for details coming your direction on the following:
- CFDD’s Credit Retreat in Portland – March 13, 2020
- Spring Member Meetings (w/education) in Portland, Spokane, Denver – April 2020
- NACM’s Credit Congress in Las Vegas, NV – June 14-17, 2020
- Back-to-School Fall Accreditation Classes, Accounting & Credit Law – September 2020
- Western Credit Conference in San Diego, CA – October 14-16, 2020
- And so many more educational offerings continuously on our website!
Don’t let yourself down! Invest in your career and your credit community this year. NACM is here to assist however you’d like to participate. Don’t hesitate to pick up the phone; we’re here for YOU!
Jennifer L. Walsh, CCE