At Yakima we believe in connecting you, your friends, family and all your favorite gear to your desired destination or activity through our mission of enhancing the journey and earning trust every day. We are looking for a roll up your sleeves, independent, self-starting, and experienced Credit & Collections Analyst. In this role, you will interact with our internal sales team, dealers, sales agencies and external customers and oversee various functions including accounts receivable activities, credit investigations and collecting on delinquent accounts. You will also assess and manage customer risk, develop controls and report monthly results.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll do:
- Plan, evaluate, and implement continuous process improvements in all department functions and processes.
- Facilitate payment of invoices due by placing billing and collection calls.
- Establish and maintain strong working relations with the sales team and customers.
- Review new credit applications submitted by the sales staff and set credit lines based on the info provided.
- Update credit files on a regular basis for continuing customers.
- Contact bank institutions and credit references as necessary.
- Maintain communication with business owners and senior management personnel to update the performance of their operations, ensuring creditworthiness of the business.
- Communicate with customer personnel and agency representatives to quickly address matters and ensure proper follow up to optimize cash flow.
- Order and review credit reports published by outside credit agencies to monitor customer performance in the overall industry.
- Analyze financial statements to assess opportunities and growth potential.
- Analysis of A/R aging reports to maximize A/R turn and maintain strong cash flow.
- Analyze reports to reduce delinquencies as well as resolve and minimize unapproved cost deductions.
- Manage the credit application and collections activities with a focus on efficiency and accuracy.
Is this You?
- You have excellent organizational, leadership, and decision-making skills, and a strong sense of accountability for impactful results.
- You communicate clearly. You write well. You speak eloquently. You can explain anything to anyone, and you’re comfortable communicating in writing, in person and on the phone.
- You enjoy solving problems. You love taking on difficult challenges and finding creative solutions. You don’t get flustered easily. If you don’t know the answer, you’ll dig until you find it.
- You pay attention to the details. As far as you are concerned, anything worth doing is worth doing right, every single time. You stay focused, and nothing falls through the cracks on your watch.
- You think on your feet. You like learning new things, and can learn quickly. When things change, you know how to roll with the punches.
- You are motivated and driven. You volunteer for new challenges without waiting to be asked. You’re going to take ownership of the time you spend with us and truly make a difference.
What you Bring:
- Undergraduate degree in finance, accounting or related field.
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience with a track record of increased responsibility in credit risk management.
- Good understanding and/or experience with various types of bank guarantees and Letters of credit.
- Experience in implementing /using credit systems and analytics.
- Understanding of credit reporting agencies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including proper grammar and spelling, in a variety of mediums.
- Proficient in a variety of MS Office applications, and solid computer skills.
- The ability to work independently with minimal direction, but also work cohesively in a team environment.
- Authorization to work in the Unites States – of course!
What we Offer:
- Exceptional compensation package, which includes a competitive base salary with annual bonus potential.
- Complete benefits package including medical, dental, vision coverage; an aggressive 401k plan with company matching funds and immediate vesting; flexible benefit plans for health care and day care expenses.
- Very generous paid time off policy….ahhhh, vacation.
- Special outdoor industry pro-purchase deals.
- A casual work environment (free cappuccino, anyone?).
- Last, most importantly, and certainly not least…employee pricing on Yakima gear!
Work takes place in an office setting. This position requires the ability to work a predictable and consistent full-time schedule. It requires the ability to sit and work at a computer for extended periods of time and communicate effectively with a diverse audience in person, by phone and by computer. This position requires the ability to lift, push, and carry up to 20lbs.
Yakima is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. We support and encourage diversity and inclusion!
Interested candidates please click here to apply.