Do you have one to three years of financial analysis experience with a Business or an Agriculture-related degree? Do you possess experience with customer negotiations? Do you have excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple assignments? Wilbur-Ellis is seeking a Credit Analyst with a strong ability to review & analyze customer financial statements including complex multi-entity statements to make informed credit approval recommendations. If this sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
The Credit Analyst role supports the Customer Financial Services Managers West of the Rockies. Support includes the management of the accounts receivable portfolio for western offices to achieve an increase in sales volume, contribute to Wilbur-Ellis Company’s profit, and enhance customer stability along with a strong emphasis on reporting and data management.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- Gather financial information through in-person and telephone interviews, financial statements, legal opinions, tax records, and other financial documents
- Perform credit investigations on customers including, financial statement analysis, public record searches, CBI reports, employment, income, asset, and liability verifications
- Make quality credit recommendations/decisions to provide customer service, high-quality portfolio, and credit administration, including periodical telephone contact and on-site visits to customers
- Represent Wilbur-Ellis Company’s interest at public relations events
- Knowledge of applicable credit laws and regulations
- Knowledge or experience with agricultural productions and practices preferred
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple assignments necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in business/finance or ag-business field required
- Background in agricultural industry preferred
- One to three years of financial analysis experience
- One to three years of customer service contact including negotiation experience with customers
- Proficiency with personal computers including MS Office programs
- Willingness to travel by automotive or commercial transportation to other branches, headquarters, or other meeting locations and customer farms as required
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Ability to review and analyze customer financial statements, including complex multi-entity statements, to make appropriate credit approval recommendations/approvals
- Create and maintain spreadsheets for reporting using data pulled from JDE and other sources
- Strong, proactive customer service approach, with an emphasis on a timely response to customer inquiries
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to draw appropriate conclusions as necessary
- Advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge including but not limited to Vlookup, Pivot Tables, Macros, and VBA
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish rapport and develop confidence with customers and prospective customers
- Ability to sit at desk or computer terminal performing writing, and keying/typing information required
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Provide support to the CFS-Managers on accounts receivable portfolio management
- Provide analytical support to Customer Financial Services Managers in the Central Geography including recommendations for action
- Compile and analyze data for reporting purposes, including input and retrieval of data and report preparation
- Maintain day-to-day credit work with specific accounts in certain geographic or branch areas, as assigned
- Provide reporting as needed to the Director of Customer Financial Services, Vice Presidents, CFS-Managers, as well as Sales and Operations Management on the status and trends of the accounts receivable portfolio for the area
- Regular communication to Locations, Sales, Operations regarding specific credit requirements for customers, as necessary.
- Participate in credit closings by ensuring the completion of appropriate documentation and understanding by the customer
- Complete customer visits and document observations, including visually inspecting the facilities, production sites, and/or other collateral, evaluating customers’ management practices and repayment capabilities
- Maintain compliance with Company documentation procedures, and applicable laws and regulations.
- Regular communication to the CFS-Manager and Director of Customer Financial Services on all credit issues
- Competitive annual salary (to be determined based on experience and other factors)
- Benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, Employee Assistance Program, vacation, sick time, life insurance, + more); Pension Plan, 401k match up to 3%
- Drug-Free Workplace
Interested candidates please click here to apply.