VTech believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designed to outline primary duties; qualifications and job scope, but not limit the incumbent or the organization to only the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
The Program Deduction Specialist is a temporary role that will assist the AR team with researching customer program deductions, application of Program credit memos, running statements and helping complete general departmental administrative tasks related to Programs. This position will report directly to the A/R Supervisor and have a dotted line to the Sr. Financial Analyst, managing Programs.
RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS):
- Process and reconcile Program deductions by researching and obtaining documentation and communication with external contacts
- Investigate and resolve unauthorized deductions
- Support Month-End Close as assigned
- Focus heavily on reconciliation and portal work
- Complete administrative duties such as printing, sorting, and entering data into Oracle on adjustments and credits.
- Run statements as needed.
- Willingness to recognize potential problems and ask appropriate questions.
- Be a strong team player.
- Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly both orally and in writing
- Excellent time management, organizational and follow-through required.
- High professional standards
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, management, clients and others in a courteous, collaborative and professional manner
- Exercise sound business judgment
- Conform and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions
- Conform with all safety rules and use all appropriate safety equipment
- Other duties as needed or required
- Strong knowledge, skills and abilities in the areas of accounts receivable, managing deductions, clearing open claims, collections, and customer service.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to be detailed and accurate.
- The ability to handle a high volume of data entry and account management.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, specifically pivot tables and V-lookup
- Minimum of 2 years of progressively responsible experience in the area of Accounts Receivable Deduction management.
- Bachelor’s degree in or a related field; or any combination of experience and education that provides the necessary skills, knowledge and ability to perform assigned tasks
- Audit experience a plus
- Knowledge and experience with Oracle a plus.
The individual in this position must possess the following job competencies:
Dependability – Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, handles change, seta personal standards, stays focused under pressure, and meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
Problem Solving/Analysis – Breaks down problems into smaller components, understands underlying issues, can simplify and process complex issues, understands the difference between critical details and unimportant facts.
Productivity – Manages a fair workload, volunteers for additional work, prioritizes tasks, develops good work procedures, manages time well, and handles information flow.
Results Focus – Targets and achieves results, sets challenging goals, prioritizes tasks, overcomes obstacles, accepts accountability, sets team standards and responsibilities, provides leadership/motivation.
Rules of Engagement – Actively demonstrates behaviors established in the Rules of Engagement to 1) Set common Goals and Clearly Define Priorities, 2) Make Timely and Appropriate Decisions, 3) Communicate Openly, 4) Challenge Issues Constructively, 5) Be Accountable 6) Be a Team Player 7) Innovation & Creativity.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Duties are primarily performed in an office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Mental activities required by this job include constant decision making, discretion, problem analysis and resolution, independent judgment and independent action. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee must read, speak, write and understand the English language. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and use their hands to handle and grasp, reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus with or without the use of prescription eyeglasses.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday. Core hours will be set between employee and manager and will be based on business needs. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel may be expected 0% of the time.
Interested candidates, please send resume and salary requirements by clicking on “Email Contact” below.