The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. The J.R. Simplot Company is a true farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial product development, and distribution.
Provides direction for and control over ﬁnancial relationships between the company and its customers.
- Analyzes ﬁnancial strengths/weaknesses of prospective and existing customers determine eligibility for credit, ﬁnancing, or related services. Assists in the development of alternative third party ﬁnancing programs and collaborates with internal and external customers to optimize usage of ﬁnancing programs.
- Establishes and maintains eﬀective communication with a creditable information network.
- Develops, implements, and manages eﬀective collection procedures in accordance with established credit policies.
- Manages collections process to ensure proper sending of follow-up inquiries, negotiating with past due accounts, and referral of accounts to collection agencies.
- Provides insight for the updating of the credit policy as to new concepts and procedures.
Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. or B.S.) from 4-year college or university
8+ years related experience and/or training
Prior experience in collections and lending and/or the extension of credit. Good working knowledge of accounting and banking practices, relevant laws and legal processes, marketing strategy and general agricultural practices. Solid background in business administration and ﬁnancial analysis. Prior experience leading multiple managers/supervisors is highly preferred. Must be willing to travel to assigned markets 50% of the time.
Job Requisition ID: 302 Travel Required: Up to 25% Pay Grade: Global Grade 5
Location(s): SGS Retail – Fresno
Country: United States
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**