The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. The J.R. Simplot Company is a true farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial product development, and distribution.
Under the supervision of the Regional Financial Services Manager (RFSM), this role effectively manages customer financial services, accounts receivable, and risk exposure within an assigned geographic area. Augments overall marketing and sales efforts while ensuring compliance with established financial and credit policies.
- Manages the interpretation and administration of corporate and Group credit policies, reviews procedures and practices of marketing and sales personnel. Works with spreadsheets and other financial software
- Investigates, reviews and approves credit lines on new and existing customers while working within established approval limits and departmental guidelines, procedures and policies. Provides recommendations to the RFSM for those falling outside of the approval limit for a Sr. Credit Analyst.
- Provides financial training and guidance to marketing and sales personnel and to customers to facilitate the achievement of targeted results for cash flow and financial risk control.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication with local lenders, suppliers, government agencies, legal experts, and agricultural community leaders to ensure the availability of a creditable information network.
- Manages the Area’s accounts receivable and all collection activities. Will make contact with customers to work out payment plans, and document those activities.
- Works with the RFSM to determine which accounts to turn over to the Special Credits Department once the accounts become 120 days past due.
- Travel and flexible work schedule are required. Participates in or performs special assignments and projects
as requested by peers, supervisor, or higher management.
- May perform duties for more than one business group with varied systems and business procedures.
Associate’s Degree (A.A. or equivalent)
Bachelors Degree is preferred
5+ years of experience as credit analyst or similar role.
Handle customer and internal relations diplomatically and firmly when required. Ability to assess problems and
situations, exercise independent judgment, and reach logical and sound decisions. Have a strong interpersonal
relationship, communication and negotiation skills. Conduct business affairs with uncompromising honesty.
Job Requisition ID: 359
Travel Required: Less than 10%
Pay Grade: Global Grade 3
Location(s): Remote – USA_5PCT
Country: United States
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**