The Collection specialist role is responsible for maintaining accuracy, integrity, and the completeness of accounts receivable. Support the VP of Finance & Operations by performing Administrative and Collection duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage credit applications for timely and accurate information.
- Engage in collection calls on past-due invoices as well as analyze customers from a risk standpoint and make recommendations to supervisor on all high-risk customers.
- Research and ensure proper documentation are obtained to adjust AR balances within a predefined timeline.
- Ensure that accounts are reconciled with customers regarding disputes, returns, and discrepancies.
- Inform management of delinquent AR, aged deductions and any other significant customer issues.
- Manage sales tax compliance and resale permits.
- Provide prompt and professional responses to customer inquiries.
- Support billing department as needed.
- Manage projects assigned by the VP of Finance & Operations.
- Handling sensitive and highly confidential information.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one-years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as office equipment manuals, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively with customers or employees of Seaport Steel.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts and interest.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have ten key, typing, and knowledge of Microsoft Office ™, Outlook™, and Eniteo™.
Time Management Skills
- Commitment to managing projects within a specific time period with little or no assistance.
- Ability to manage multiple projects within a specific time frame.
- Attention to detail and data accuracy.
Interested candidates please click here to apply.