The Accounting/Billing Specialist compiles, manages, and executes attorney billings; maintains contact with attorneys, staff, vendors.
- Compile and process a high volume of attorney bills to clients on a monthly basis
- Review and edit proformas in response to the attorney and secretary requests
- Execute complex bills, such as multiple discounts by matter, split party billing, and preparation of electronic billing statements, in a timely matter
- Submit invoices electronically and assist in resolving issues that might arise
- Review and verify accuracy of billing supporting documentation as required
- Research and respond to inquiries regarding billing issues and problems
- Identify and resolve billing inaccuracies
- Create billing schedules and various other billing analyses as needed
- Respond to internal and external inquiries in a timely manner
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Strong analytical, organizational, and data management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with attorneys, staff, and team members regarding commitments, deadlines, challenges and requests
- Possess a “can do” attitude and maintain a positive team player mentality
- Ability to deliver a high standard of customer service in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma/GED
- 3+ years of billing experience
- Law firm experience and/or Enterprise/3E financial system a plus and/or time and material billing experience a plus.
- Ebilling vendor experience a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge of accounting principles
- This position does not require travel.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, printers/scanners and audio visual equipment.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interested candidates, please send resume and cover letter by clicking on “Email Contact” below.