General Position Summary:
Supports the maintenance of customer accounts including processing cash receipts, investigating and resolving variances, reconciling to general ledger accounts, and assisting the Credit function within the company
Maintains current knowledge of the Company’s processes and embedded controls related to the accounts receivable function, including changes and refinements thereto. Ensure internal controls are adhered to and kept up to date. Encourages the reporting and remediation of any control violations. Strives for continuous improvement within operations. Challenge conventional thinking in order to obtain the most efficient solutions to issues. Utilize best practices, benchmarks and metrics to improve organization.
This position operates within established parameters. The position is directly responsible for daily cash posting and identifying, logging, researching and resolving customer account and overall accounts receivable variances. The position requires interfacing with personnel at many levels within the Company, including across divisions and departments within the organization. The position involves occasional interaction with the Company’s internal and external auditors.
- Responsible for posting the daily cash receipts received. Ensure all cash receipts are applied to the proper customer accounts and against invoices based on remittance documentation provided by the customers.
- Support the month end closing activities for the AR team.
- Continuously monitor unapplied customer payments in order to promptly apply to invoices.
- Work with accounting staff to properly code miscellaneous cash receipts.
- Prepare necessary documents for payments discrepancies. Work with Accounts Receivable and Credit team members and customers to research and resolve customer account discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Prepare monthly compliance reporting on international sales and receipts.
- Perform other Accounts Receivable related tasks within the company as needed. Support the Credit team in managing accounts and assessing credit risk.
Support the Company’s Anticorruption Program through compliance with the Anticorruption Manual and all Anticorruption Controls.
- Two years accounts receivable experience required.
- Associates Degree or equivalent combination of education.
- Computer proficiency, including intermediate Microsoft Excel and the ability to use/learn Company specialized software. (Oracle an SAI)
- Strong math and analytical ability.
- Solid understanding of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Strong detail orientation with the ability to examine work performed for errors, duplication and/or omissions.
- Proficient in data entry and 10 key.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment, as well as independently.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Primarily face-to-face, phone and email contact with Credit and Collection Analysts, Credit Manager, and operations, sales and accounting personnel, including upper management.
Business office environment with occasional overtime required to meet deadlines.
PLEASE NOTE: The above statements are designed to outline the functions and position requirements of this job. They do not identify all tasks that may be expected, nor address the performance standards that must be maintained.
Interested candidates, please send resume and salary requirements by clicking on “Email Contact” below.