General Position Summary:
The Credit and Collections Analyst will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with internal and external customers in order to assist in establishing customer credit limits, mitigating risk, collection, and resolution of discrepancies for trade accounts receivable.
- Monitor accounts receivable aging and ensure timely collection on all accounts receivable customers.
- Analyze potential new, and existing customers to establish credit limits. While managing accounts continue to assess credit risks and make recommendation to increase/decrease credit limits as appropriate. Discuss accounts of concern with Credit Supervisor and/or Lead Credit and Collections Analyst.
- Perform customer account reviews as necessary.
- Work with SSI Tax department in obtaining and maintaining documentation from customers required to avoid potential sales tax liability for SSI.
- Maintain customer files to ensure compliance with policy and Sarbanes Oxley requirements. Ensure all business transactions and cash receipts are with approved entities.
- Work and develop relationships with team members (Sales, Operations, etc.) in order to research and resolve discrepancies in a timely manner. Develop relationships with customers in order to assist in collection of accounts and monitor credit risk in the areas of character, capacity, capital, collateral and economic conditions.
- Update multiple systems with customer information and accurate credit limits.
- Maintain daily/weekly/monthly reporting of customer accounts within assigned timelines.
- Monitor shipments to ensure accounts remain within assigned limits. Calculate payment requirements based on contracted terms, and reconcile customer accounts.
- Work closely with Compliance Department and Cash Application Specialist to ensure business activity and transactions are with approved entities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supports the Company’s Anticorruption Program through compliance with the Anticorruption manual and all Anticorruption Controls.
Internal Control Responsibilities:
Ongoing involvement in the design, assessment, implementation, communication and monitoring of the organization’s internal controls in accordance with regulations and laws.
- Maintain files and filing.
- Respond to credit reference inquiries.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance desired or equivalent work experience accepted.
- 2+ years’ experience in domestic and/or international credit.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A solid understanding of the credit function and proven ability to analyze financial statements.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel software and ERP systems (preferably Oracle) and the ability to use/learn company specialized software and hardware.
- Solid mathematical and analytical ability.
- Strong organizational skills and detail orientation.
- Solid understanding of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ability to work in a fast paced team environment as well as independently.
Physical Activities Required to Perform Essential Functions:
- Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting.
- Ability to use standard office equipment, including a computer.
- Ability to attend meetings at various sites within and away from the Admin office.
- Ability to lift and carry materials weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Vision to read printed materials and a computer screen.
- Hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone.
Business office environment with overtime required to meet timely deadlines.
PLEASE NOTE: The above statements are designed to outline the functions and position requirements of this job. It does not identify all tasks that may be expected, nor address the performance standards that must be maintained.
Interested candidates, please send resume and salary requirements by clicking on “Email Contact” below.