PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This position oversees all aspects of the Accounts Receivable system, including the credit and collection function of the Company, in order to maintain cash flow.
• Ensures there is a consistent application of credit policy.
• Investigate, review, and evaluate credit background of applications for credit; reject applications or set credit limits within the framework of the Company’s established credit policies.
• Manage the set-up of new customers on accounting system.
• Oversee the application of cash, preparation and input of the daily cash journal.
• Communicate Company’s terms to customers and follow-up on delinquent accounts.
• Manage dispute resolution process.
• Make collection calls on a timely basis.
• Actively strive to meet monthly collection goal set by Controller.
• Oversee the distribution of customer statements by the first working day of the subsequent month.
• Recommend credit adjustments, initiate collections of delinquent accounts, refers claims to attorney for legal action.
• Update management reports as directed by the Controller.
• Manage Credit & Warranty Administrator position.
• Comply with NACM information requests on a quarterly basis.
• Communicate with Sales personnel and managers on Norlift’s credit and collection policies and timely communicate to them any problems or risks associated with their accounts/customers.
• Oversee bankruptcy accounts: respond to correspondence, file proof of claims, defend preferential treatment payments; take appropriate action on the accounts.
• Maintain credit card database, manage and review credit card charges and procedure.
• Provide account investigative support to internal departments
• Registration and submittal of receivables via online customer portals.
• Manages ISNetworld Administration
• Maintains punctual, regular, and predictable attendance.
• Displays excellent communication skills and ability to communicate effectively when working with customers or employees.
• Ability to effectively manage, coach, and counsel direct report(s).
• Respectfully takes direction from Manager.
• Works collaboratively in a team environment with a positive attitude with a spirit of cooperation.
• Accepts responsibility.
• Self-Motivated, self-reliant, and conscientious.
• Professional appearance and demeanor, excellent judgment.
• Detail oriented and accurate.
• Even temperament.
This position does have direct supervisory responsibilities of the Credit & Warranty Administrator.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Good verbal and written communication skills, including excellent listening skills.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to teach and provide feedback effectively.
• Ability to troubleshoot.
• Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and manage time effectively.
• Ability to track and schedule work.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify
• Excellent problem resolution skills.
• Experienced user of Microsoft Office™ Suite including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• Ability to learn and comply with all Federal, State, and Norlift employment regulations or policies.
• Basic knowledge of accounting fundamentals and an overall understanding of double entry general ledger system.
• Current working knowledge of collection practices & laws associated with collection, liens, security interests, and credit verification. General knowledge of bankruptcy any preference payments laws.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Two or more years prior credit/accounts receivable management experience.
• Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent credit courses and certificates.
• Experience with Experian preferred.
• Industrial credit experience preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to:
• Frequently required to sit, stand and walk; regular use of hands and fingers; and frequently reaching with arms and hands.
• Regularly required to talk, see and hear
• The employee must occasionally lift and move objects up to 25 pounds.
Please apply at Norlift Careers