Summary: Responsible for all activities associated with the extension of credit or collection of receivables within the guidelines established while maintaining good customer relations by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for ensuring customer contact regarding credit inquiries, billing discrepancies, initial collection contacts and claims for refunds are completed within company procedure.
- Refers unusual or large credit terms to management for approval.
- Researches customers requesting credit accounts with the company to include current financial information, business history and current credit reports.
- Notifies customers of approval/disapproval status.
- Prepares and reviews daily aging reports for delinquent and problem accounts.
- Ensures appropriate collection activity is completed via telephone or correspondence, and negotiates payment terms consistent with the goals of the company while maintaining good customer relations.
- Interfaces with management regarding further collection activity requirements.
- Reviews computerized finance charges.
- Prepares and mails statements.
- Researches, documents and prepares delinquent accounts for submitting to outside agencies or legal.
- Ensures company adherence to corporate credit policies and procedures for consistent handling of credit matters to maintain good customer relations.
- Establishes credit limits for new customers and monitors new accounts based on current financial information, business history, and current credit reports.
- Responds to credit reference inquiries with pertinent credit information in accordance with company procedures.
- Initiates ACH and auto-pay payments to ensure timely collection.
- Maintains credit files and records in an organized manner.
- Creates and maintains proper response letters on computer for various incoming correspondence.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word; Microsoft Excel; MAS200 and internet software.
Associate’s degree (A. A. / A. S.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; and two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
- Time management
- Oral communication skills
- Written communication skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Interested candidates, please send resume and salary requirements by clicking on “Email Contact” below.