Our business is a reflection of who we are. We have a passion for our products, an appreciation of their heritage and a genuine belief in their benefits. Our business is a reflection of what we represent – quality products that are comfortable, unique, timeless and respectful of the world around us.
In order to provide quality products and services, we need quality people. We are looking for talented people who share our values of accountability, responsiveness, excellence, teamwork, respect, integrity and a positive attitude.
Manage a Credit and Collections Department for a mid to large sized brand, ensuring excellent customer service to retailers, Corporate Services and Sales Department. Protect our assets through effective monitoring of accounts and department functions. Build and maintain good relationships between our brand and its retailers through efficient credit and collection services. Maintain customer accounts according to our collection criteria and standards. Provide efficient credit analysis functions for assessment of our current retailers.
- Provide guidance and supervision to department representatives on credit and collection needs and issues. Resolve complex service issues as needed.
- Assess training needs of current employees and provide training and support as needed.
- Manage, motivate, develop and select team members. Evaluate individual and team performance. Lead team in setting and accomplishing goals.
- establish policies and practices as they relate to the Credit and Collection Department.
- Create relationships with vendors to ensure value of service to our company
- Provide efficient credit analysis functions for assessment of current and potential retailers, including financial analysis for large exposure customers.
- Monitor existing accounts to ensure adherence to credit guidelines.
- Resolve issues and recommend changes as appropriate.
- Monitor accounts to ensure timely payments.
- Review delinquent accounts on a regular basis.
- Resolve collection issues with retailers.
- Monitor credit hold orders.
- Research disputed account balances, reconcile and adjust accounts accordingly
- Develop and maintain credit and collection reports.
- Approve credit limits up to $100,000 for accounts through analysis of trade references, account payment history, credit reports and financial statements.
- Provide guidance and supervision with team members to develop payment plans as necessary.
- Help them to analyze existing account standing through review of sales reports and current account balance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, with a minimum of 5 years of sustained direct experience in a credit and/or collections role in a business-to-business environment; including two years of experience in a substantive management role.
- Seasoned leader and manager
- Knowledge of local, state and federal laws, rules and regulations applicable to the credit and collections process, including bankruptcy laws and return check policies nationwide
- Experience with trade and bank references, consumer and business credit reports and secured transaction instruments, including UCC filings
- Experience in dealing with collection agencies and collection attorneys
- Expert experience with financial statement analysis in the context of credit worthiness analysis and qualifying business partnerships
- Intermediate or better level of proficiency with all MS office products including but not limited to: Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Access and Outlook
- Must have excellent communications skills and ability to work effectively with all levels of personnel.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills support leadership, management, negotiation and problem-solving functions of this role.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional atmosphere for employees, clients and customers.
Interested candidates, please send resume and cover letter to Mike Losole by clicking on “Email Contact” below. Subject line should list “Credit Manager”