Responsible for all activities related to collections including account research and reconciliation, dispute resolution, and will become the point of contact for accounts to minimize bad debt levels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Positively represent Litigation Services with exceptional customer service
- Develop an understanding of customer needs to evaluate and recommend payment solutions on delinquent accounts and ensure customer expectations are met and exceeded
- Make a minimum of 125 contacts* per week and maintain contact with assigned accounts; telephone, email, fax, etc. to follow up
- Maintain weekly AR reports with status of delinquent accounts and track collection efforts
- Make daily collection contact on all 30-180 day assigned/unassigned accounts
- Monitor accounts for timely payments and follow up on payment promises
- Assist the customer in account reconciliation, resolve disputes, and research and resolve unapplied payments
- Support sales, accounting, and billing departments as needed
- Assist with cash applications including obtaining check and credit card payments over the phone
- Evaluate assigned accounts and submit delinquent accounts for advanced collection efforts: demand letters, COD, and outside collection agency
- Accountable for individual results and overall impact on team
- Additional duties as assigned
* A contact is considered someone at a firm that you have spoken with or sent an email to. Voicemail messages are not encouraged and do not count as a contact. Multiple conversations or email correspondence with the same contact on the same day counts as one contact.
- Must be capable of working independently, in a fast paced environment, with minimal supervision
- Detail and goal oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Must have basic common sense and be able to think quickly
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, and be able to successfully multitask
- Exceptional written and verbal communication abilities
- Keyboard proficiency and intermediate competency with Word, Excel, Windows and Outlook
- Availability to work overtime, weekends, or holidays as requested
- Ability to properly lift 25 lbs.
- Team Player with the ability to positively support and contribute to the overall success of the organization
- Must adhere to company confidentiality and HIPAA policies
This job description indicates in general the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities, and other essential functions (as covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act) required for this position. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed.
Interested candidates, please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements by clicking on “Email Contact” below.