Kodiak Building Partners is a family of building products distribution companies dedicated to providing products and services to local residential and commercial builders in a safe and effective matter. KBP seeks to create a portfolio of investments across the building materials supply chain. KBP’s story begins in 2011 when Swinney and colleagues developed a vision for a new kind of distribution company. Today, KBP’s investment portfolio consists of a diverse mix of businesses that span residential, remodeling and commercial building supply sectors. All of this is grounded by the belief that business begins on the local level therefore decision making is left at the local level. KBP is a family-oriented business, one that works to maintain autonomy among the acquired businesses while continuing to honor their legacy. Kodiak encompasses 84 locations and employs over 5,000 people.
The Legal & AR Services Manager for Kodiak Building Partners will serve as a trusted partner and legal advisor as it relates to Kodiak entities and their AR assets; will perform contract review, advise on collection strategy and legal coordination along with leading the online payment service support for the corporate credit & accounts receivable function. The position will report to the Senior Director of Credit & Accounts Receivable.
- Manage Contract Review > $1M, advise on contracts under threshold as requested
- Performs contract review and drafts proposed change for the appropriate stakeholders
- Discerns, manages, and informs internal stakeholders of potential risk throughout the contract
- Create business specific contract addendums as required
- Resolves routine questions where problems have occurred before and their solutions generally are familiar. Refers more complex issues to higher levels/attorney.
- Attorney Liaison; manage escalated legal collection accounts
- Business resource for strategic collection approach and legal forms
- Escalated Mechanics Lien and Bond Claim filings
- Maintain standard Credit Application & Sales Agreement forms for all operating entities.
- Customer online portals, facilitate implementation and liaison for ACH & CC connections (i.e. Billtrust, Webtrack, Partnerview)
- Own the Credit Card chargeback process, drive security of receivables and collection with operating entities
- Manage Dun & Bradstreet information for all Kodiak legal entities; validate reported data and coordinate changes as required
- Provide support for Credit Best Practice initiatives, review, and training.
- Ad Hoc projects and reporting as required.
- 7+ years’ experience in credit & collection management, commercial construction or building material industry experience preferred.
- Minimum 3 years construction contract review & negotiation experience.
- Working knowledge of construction mechanics lien/ bond laws and regulations, high aptitude to research state specific requirements and advise on proper filing.
- Proficiency in Outlook, Excel, and Word (redline and version control). Working knowledge of Adobe DC including text editing and document markups. Experience with DocuSign is desired.
- Knowledge and exposure to multi-company organization is a plus.
- Self-motivated and process oriented.
- Excellent written/ verbal communication and great interpersonal skills.
- Must be detail oriented and technically minded.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment and strive for continuous improvement.
- Customer focused (i.e. generate accurate and timely results, effectively communicate to customers, colleagues and management, service organization approach with a sense of urgency).
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, or related field required.LOCATION:Local CO candidates preferred; must have ability to travel to Highlands Ranch Office throughout week. Part-time remote schedule to be negotiated.BENEFITS:The heart of Kodiak is our culture. Valuing and trusting our employees, honoring the experience they bring to the table, rewarding dedicated work, and servicing the communities in which we live. We offer an excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental, life, disability insurance, 401K, and paid time off.
SALARY: $70k – $85k
Interested candidates, please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements by clicking on “Email Contact” below.