Freedom Materials is a member of the Kodiak Building Partners family of building products distribution companies dedicated to providing products and services to local residential and commercial builders in a safe and effective matter. KBP seeks to create a portfolio of investments across the building materials supply chain. KBP’s story begins in 2011 when Swinney and colleagues developed a vision for a new kind of distribution company. Today, KBP’s investment portfolio consists of a diverse mix of businesses that span residential, remodeling and commercial building supply sectors. All of this is grounded by the belief that business begins on the local level therefore decision making is left at the local level. KBP is a family-oriented business, one that works to maintain autonomy among the acquired businesses while continuing to honor their legacy. Kodiak encompasses 84 locations and employs over 5,000 people.
The Credit & Collection Manager for Freedom Materials will manage the collection function and administer all transactional AR processes for the business. Partner with sales and administrative teams to promote sales, while meeting cash flow targets and mitigating delinquent receivables and bad-debt loss. Professionally address customer requests, build lasting customer relationships and thrive in a fast-paced team environment. The position will report to the President of Freedom Materials.
- Manage AR portfolio through direct involvement with customers and internal resources: Drive collection of delinquent customer balances
- Demonstrate a high-level of judgement; balance the need to collect with sales goals and relationships
- Review and extend credit to customers in accordance with company policies and excellent judgment
- Monitor and maintain Lien/Bond rights, properly execute lien waivers and file Liens/Bond Claims
- Negotiate and secure arrangements for payment with delinquent accounts
- Drive to established business goals; regularly achieve DSO, cashflow and % current targets
- Reporting as required
- Quickly respond to customer requests
- Escalate issues at appropriate times, know when to “raise the flag”
- Complete cash application process; timely and accurately apply all cash receipts
- Maintain Customer Masterfile and Job Account files ensuring data integrity
- Keep up to date customer collection notes in system
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in credit and collections, basic accounting and finance knowledge
- Previous experience in building materials distribution or construction industry a plus
- Lien and Bond experience strongly preferred (States we operate in: NJ, DE, MD, WV, PA)
- Microsoft Office, Outlook and ERP experience (Excel and DMSI highly valued)
- Self-motivated and process oriented.
- Excellent written/ verbal communication and great interpersonal skills.
- Must be detail oriented and technically minded.
- Persuasive know when to be “soft” and when to be “stern”
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment and strive for continuous improvement.
- Customer focused (i.e. generate accurate and timely results, effectively communicate to customers, colleagues and management, service organization approach with a sense of urgency).
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, or related field preferred.
- Job to be located in either Newark, DE or Laurel, MD.
BENEFITS:The heart of Kodiak is our culture. Valuing and trusting our employees, honoring the experience they bring to the table, rewarding dedicated work, and servicing the communities in which we live. We offer an excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental, life, disability insurance, 401K, and paid time off.
SALARY RANGE: $70k – $90k
Interested candidates, please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements by clicking on “Email Contact” below.