The Credit Specialist ensures all aspects of the credit approval process for new and existing customers adheres to established policies, practices, and procedures in a manner that will result in maximum sales, sound receivables, and the prompt conversion of receivables into cash with a minimum of past due accounts.
Scope and Complexity
Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
- Carries out the established policy for the follow-up and collection of assigned account portfolios. Identifies aging receivables and initiates collection activities from initial customer contact to collection of funds to write off. Reduces aging receivables for assigned accounts and informs all impacted parties of the status of collection efforts throughout the process
- Works closely with internal teams on decisions regarding the release and delivery of customer orders, payment arrangements, and collection efforts including analyzing payment status, creditworthiness and terms
- Handles inbound and outbound customer call and resolves outstanding payment issues
- Analyzes accounts for creditworthiness. Advises on whether to extend credit to customers according to established guidelines
- Follows up on activities such as reconciliation of payment disputes, charge backs, discounts, credit adjustments, write-offs, and refunds. Works closely with Sales and Operations to resolve payment discrepancies
- Prepares new accounts for set up in SAP
Education & Experience
- Associates degree in a relevant field. Bachelors degree in a relevant field preferred
- Two years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- National Association of Credit Management certification preferred
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office products
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective negotiation skills
- Experience working with SAP preferred
Employee Conduct: It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through: mutual trust and respect; personal accountability and integrity; desire for growth and learning opportunities; teamwork; positive, honest and effective communication and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and partners.
Why KEEN: Driven by a passion for life outside, KEEN is a values-led, independently owned brand from Portland, Oregon, that’s on a mission to create original and versatile products, improve lives, and inspire outside adventure. Founded in 2003, KEEN launched a revolution in the footwear industry with the introduction of the Newport adventure sandal, and has donated more than $18 million to non-profit organizations and causes around the world to promote responsible outdoor recreation, including conservation efforts to protect open spaces. KEEN strives to show the world through its products and its actions that a business for good can actually be good for business. By giving back, reducing impact, and activating communities and individuals to protect the places where we work and play, KEEN puts its values in motion and takes action to leave the world a better place. Learn more at https://www.keenfootwear.com/our-purpose.html
KEEN is an equal opportunity employer, who values an inclusive and diverse community. Qualified candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status or disability.