You’re an effective credit leader with impeccable analytical skills with drive and determination. You come with a wealth of experience that ranges from credit, AR function, along with the know-how on establishing credit limits and evaluating new accounts. You are also highly capable of managing and monitoring AR portfolios and collections. You’re ready to dive in and excited to join a strong team environment where you will contribute and lead. You get the Dr. Martens brand and are excited to support the team in enhancing Dr. Martens’ footprint in the Americas region.
- Manage Credit department staff, including posting and allocation of receivables, order management, collection, chargeback and payment reconciliation, and determination of credit limits.
- Maintain strong cash flows through efficient collections, which are measured by aging analysis and days sales outstanding (DSO).
- Control bad debt exposure and expenses through the direct management of credit terms and collections including working with collection agencies or attorneys as appropriate.
- Ensure an adequate allowance for doubtful accounts is maintained.
- Monitor the Accounts Receivable portfolio for trends and warning signs, as well as prepare periodic AR and cash flow collection forecasting reports.
- Enforce “credit stop” for orders when appropriate for customers
- Reconcile and resolve chargebacks and short pay issues.
- Credit analysis and set up of new accounts, negotiate terms & payment plans with Sales, Sales management & customers.
- Act as the main contact for credit insurance by sending communications and reporting to the insurance companies. Monitor and maintain compliance within policies to ensure shipments are covered.
- Establish policies and procedures related to credit allocation and collection activities and monitor compliance.
- Participate in industry credit groups to share credit experience.
- Management of some large and international customer accounts.
YOUR FUNDAMENTAL QUALITIES
It’s never just a job at Dr. Martens. It’s a way of life. We live and breathe our Fundamentals – INTEGRITY. PROFESSIONAL. PASSIONATE. TEAM PLAYERS. They define who we are and how we get the job done. We believe each role is as unique as the person who does it. To join our team, you will also possess these qualities:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting or equivalent experience required.
- 3-5 years’ commercial credit management experience preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of collections, accounting and/or bookkeeping practices, procedures, and policies.
- Ability to analyze financial statements for accuracy and creditworthiness.
- Experience in footwear, apparel, or related consumer goods industries desired.
- Strong analytical, communication, and customer service skills.
- Strong computer proficiency in MS Office environment (MS Word, Excel, Access, and e-communications).
- Professional level written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven negotiating skills and account management in commercial collections environments.
- Proven organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Connection with our Brand, The Stuff that Sets Us Apart and our Fundamental Qualities.
Interested candidates, please click here to apply.