At ASICS, we empower our employees to pursue their career goals. If this sounds like you, then we want you on our team.
ASICS has been dedicated to designing the most technically advanced footwear and athletic products in the world for over 60 years. All of that comfort, fit, and functionality starts within the minds of the passionate people that work within our walls.
Based upon our core values, everyone’s input and contributions are respected at ASICS America. We nurture a collaborative environment and hire team members that are never content, always pushing through their own limitations, continually in the pursuit of improving performance, are innovative and creative, reach for new challenges, and always aim to surpass the next goal.
Our Mission: We pledge to bring harmony to the body and soul
ASICS, an acronym derived from the Latin phrase, Anima Sana In Corpore Sano – a sound mind in a sound body. Staying true to the philosophy by which it was founded, every ASICS innovation, every concept, every idea is intended to create the best product. Our mission is to become the number one brand for the sports enthusiast. To accomplish this, we pledge to continue to make the best product; striving to build upon our technological advances and pushing the limits on what we can learn from the body and its needs in athletic gear.
POSITION PURPOSE / SUMMARY STATEMENT (defines the major functions/purpose of the position):
Responsible for leading, supporting and maintaining corporate goals by execution of proper credit risk mitigation, analysis and reporting through the use of best practices and procedures for overall credit risk management.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES (include titles of positions directly reporting to this position):
- Sr. Analyst, Credit; Analyst, Credit; Sr. Analyst, Chargebacks; Analyst, Chargebacks; Credit Administrator
- Interacts with all levels throughout organization including employees, ASICS Executive Management, and outside vendors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage credit personnel to include reviewing, training, and developing in all areas of credit analysis, decision making, improved collection skills, credit reporting systems, and customer service and issue resolution.
- Ensure prompt processing of new account applications as well as driving & ensuring a proactive existing customer review process to support continuous growth targets for our business.
- Review, develop and prepare reporting to monitor activity, risk and issues that require process improvement and to report to upper management with recommendations on action steps and progress to resolve issues.
- Make decisions that optimize the company’s performance by balancing risk against revenue opportunities.
- Work with AR staff on all issues affecting a customer’s open balance and credit status specific to cash application.
- Recommend and participate in, department development, policy and process enhancements, maximizing utilization of SAP functionality related to credit and collection management as needed to support continuous growth needs of the business and peak department performance.
- Work closely with the sales team to negotiate resolution of customer issues to receive payments and release orders.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Require excellent verbal and written communication, conflict management, negotiation, and interpersonal skills; ability to work as part of the company team and lead the department team; interact with all levels of management, vendors, and internal and external customers.
- Strong supervisory and organizational skills including motivating, developing, and directing employees; selecting strong talent that aligns with the company and department’s high standards.
- Skilled at identifying problems and finding solutions that quickly resolve the issue
- Able to be flexible and execute successfully in a high volume, fast paced environment
- Able to identify customer needs and meet or exceed them according to ASICS’ quality standards
- Experienced at interpreting, analyzing and reporting findings on financial statements, business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Experienced at preventing and resolving disputes and deductions including knowledge of retailers’ routing guides, vendor agreements, and deduction schedules.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with sales tax, creditor rights, anti-trust, and bankruptcy laws and regulations.
- General knowledge of corporate financial accounting processes, SOX requirements, and ability to identify the impact of our Credit management to the overall health of the business.
- Build a Great Team – Leadership
- Communicates Effectively – Leadership
- Connects with the Customer – Leadership
- Cultivates Collaboration – Leadership
- Delivers Results Effectively – Leadership
- Influence and Inspire – Leadership
- Innovative – Leadership
- Job Expertise – Leadership
- Set Direction – Leadership
- Shows Great Judgment – Leadership
- 5+ years leadership experience in Commercial Credit Management, preferably with national and local retailers, leading a team of at least 5 people
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration preferred
- SAP experience strongly preferred
- Computer skills: Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Microsoft Office 365 Applications such as Outlook, Teams, One Drive, etc. a plus.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Not applicable for this role
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or other customers.
- Manual dexterity required.
- Office work, some lifting, considerable walking.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: In general, the following conditions of the work environment are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job within the environment.
- The office is clean, orderly, properly lighted and ventilated. Noise levels are considered low to moderate.
Interested candidates please click here to apply.