Agfinity is the largest agricultural Cooperative in Colorado based in the heart of the Front Range. As a cooperative we are distinguished from our competitors by our excellence in customer service and our people, which we consider our greatest asset. Every dollar that is spent with the Cooperative doesn’t just go towards a product, it goes back to the community where you live, and comes back to you as patronage and equity. Every day our approach is to serve others and find a world of solutions beneficial to our members, customers and our company.
We invite you to learn more about Agfinity, our products, services and the cooperative difference.
The Credit Manager is responsible for one of the Corporation’s largest assets, the accounts receivable, ranging as high as twenty-five million dollars per month, dispersed over an average of four thousand accounts. The position is fully integrated with all Divisions regarding granting credit, monitoring extension of credit, and collecting delinquent accounts. The job deals with a variety of credit problems and duties because of the integrated nature of the position. Volume of input adds complexity. Requests for credit can exceed $500,000. Many decisions can be dealt with according to standard format, however, complex issues or major decisions on individual applicants or accounts entails periodic development of new methods. Dollar impact varies with size of company operations. Current standards involve monthly accounts receivable of up to 25 million dollars. Many individual customers’ monthly balances in excess of two hundred fifty thousand dollars, with occasional customer balances in excess of five hundred thousand dollars. Projected uncollectable accounts in excess of one-hundred thousand dollars or more can occur.
Establishment of credit privileges with lines of credit for customers’ needs, with unilateral decision for credit lines up to two-thousand five-hundred dollars. Credit lines exceeding this figure are reviewed by the President& CEO. Responsible to suspend or terminate credit privileges as determined by the credit policy or situations compromising the customer’s ability to pay their obligation.
This position impacts upon the Cooperatives image and good will in the community. Position frequently deals with substantial customers having major community influence in addition to the company’s sales force and management team.
- Determines and promulgates corporate-wide Credit Policy, subject to review and approval, by the CEO and Board of Directors
- Interprets and implements approved policies and procedures to the Credit Department staff.
- Establishes standards for credit granting, development of criteria for credit limits, special terms, etc.
- Participates in the training, orientation and ongoing growth and professional development of credit personnel.
- Selects forms and procedures for use in the Credit Department.
- Coordinates activities with the Sales, Accounting, Data Processing and Customer Service Departments.
- Develops the Corporate Credit Manual. Reviews and maintains Credit Manual updating processes and procedures regularly and as needed.
- Develops & maintains an immediate personal relationship with larger and problem accounts.
- Maintains liaison with corporate counsel, outside attorneys, accountants, trade organizations, credit groups, financial institutions, etc.
- Represents the corporation in creditor committees.
- Recommends improvements in data processing techniques that relate to credit.
- Participates in sales and other management meetings when necessary.
- Reviews the performance of credit personnel. Makes recommendations with regard to promotion of credit staff and salary increments to the CEO.
- Investigates new techniques and equipment for improving the Credit Departments performance.
- Assists CEO with establishing and maintaining the annual budget for the Credit Department.
- Collects delinquent accounts utilizing internal and external collection resources.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration, or other equivalent.
- Formal education or extensive experience with Ag Credit and sales strongly desired.
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible experience within a major company or division of a large corporation.
- Accredited Credit certification will be given preference.
- Experience with AGRIS and Prophix desired.
- Expert level of experience and knowledge in Microsoft Excel.
- Prior supervision of Credit employees and ability to positively motivate direct reports strongly desired.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of customer service practices and providing superior service to the organization, its customers and vendors.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles and concepts.
- Knowledge of credit process.
- Advanced in Excel (vLookup, Pivot Tables), Word, Outlook .
- Strong communication skills for communicating with departmental staff, internal and external customers and vendors.
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills, with a focus on being detail orientated.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment that can sometimes be ambiguous.
- Ability to prioritize projects, work relatively independently, manage multiple tasks, and meet deadlines (time management) on an individual and departmental basis.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to assess the accuracy of statements, reports, customer and vendor accounts.
Agfinity has a competitive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Pension Retirement Plan, 401(k) Match Plan, Paid Time Off, Tuition Reimbursement, Clothing Allowance and Life and Disability coverage for those who may qualify.
Agfinity is looking for values of honesty, integrity, lifelong learning, and working hard and working smart, and being kind and courteous. If you are committed to these values send us your resume now and become part of The Cooperative Difference!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Interested Candidates Please Click Here to Apply