Imposter scams come in many varieties, but work the same way: a scammer pretends to be someone you trust to convince you to send them money. Learn how to spot an imposter scam. The Federal Trade Commission has great information on scams, how to spot them, and what to do if you have been targeted. For more information on scams and other information visit the FTC website.
trust to convince you to send them money. Learn how to spot an imposter scam.
IRS Imposter Scams
Tech Support Scams
Online Dating Scams… Read the rest
UTA has been the NACM’s exclusive payment processing partner for over 20 years. The UTA NACM Members Benefit Package provides a wide variety of standard and customized electronic payment solutions which will save you time, money, and manpower.
From credit card processing to Automated Cash Application with Invoice Matching, our products are designed to deliver value and peace of mind through the industry’s most innovative and secure payment processing vehicles.
NACM Members, from the largest Fortune 100 Companies to small businesses, are benefiting from UTA’s innovative electronic payment processing and risk management solutions. Please complete the contact form to receive your NACM Members Benefit Package specific to your industry.… Read the rest
Congratulations for our Portland and Salem/Albany CFDDs for their National Awards! Excellent Job!
- CFDD Program Award Excellence in Seminar/Workshop Category – Class A for the 2016 CFDD Portland & Salem/Albany Credit Retreat – March 11th & 12th.
- CFDD Program Award Excellence in Regular Monthly Meeting Category – Class A for the October 2015 monthly program Anatomy of a Preference Defense – An Insider’s look Behind the Scenes of a Bankruptcy Preference Defense presented by Jason M Torf, Partner, Horwood Marcus & Berk Chartered.
- CFDD Publicity Award Excellence in Chapter Publicity – Class A
- Barbara Davis, CCE with NW Pump & Equipment won the National Distinguished Member award.
… Read the rest
- CFDD Program Award Excellence in Seminar/Workshop Category – Class C for the 2016 CFDD Portland & Salem/Albany Credit Retreat – March 11th & 12th.
Credit managers need to be careful when relying on security in the event of a default. A fundamental rule for securing a transaction is to determine the quick-sale value of collateral; and then limit your company’s exposure accordingly.
Upon doing so, look to classify the various types of security by grouping the collateral according to the type of agreement, says Charles Gahala, CCE, CICP, author of Credit Management Principles and Practices. For instance, assets can be grouped as real property or personal property. Guarantees can be grouped as personal or corporate. But note that “each classification of security requires specific concerns for the credit analyst to consider,” Gahala notes
Five of the common types of protection for creditors and tips for creatively reducing their risk are as follows:
… Read the rest
- Real property.
Congratulations to Tawyna Marsh, CCE and Eve Sahnow, CCE on graduating from the Graduate School of Credit and Financial Management and receiving their CCE designations!
Last year Eve & Tawnya wrote about their experience with starting Graduate School and the importance of continuing education. You can read those articles here.
Eve Sahnow, CCE, is the Corporate Credit Manager at OrePac Building Products in Wilsonville, Oregon. After earning an A.A. degree from the University of New Mexico and B.S. degree in Business Management from Metropolitan State University in Denver, she joined an investment banking firm in Santa Fe, NM working in SOX compliance. Prior to joining OrePac, Eve traveled the western states for a New York based firm training a national sales force. … Read the rest
The NACM Northwest Foundation has a new Board of Directors and newly elected Officers.
Current Foundation Officers and Directors
… Read the rest
- Richard S. Weisman, CCE, Chairman (Graybar Electric Co., Inc.)
- Marilyn Rea, CCE, Vice Chairman (Pacific Architectural Wood Products, Inc.)
- Michael Bena, CCE, Secretary-Treasurer (retired)
- Shawna Arneson, Director (Keen, Inc.)
- Jeffrey Butterfield, CCE/RGCP, Director (Pacific Seafood Co., Inc.)
- Bonnie Dunham, CCE, Director (S.R. Smith, LLC)
- Shannon Garrison-Bell, CICP Director (Urban Airship, Inc.)
- Kathy Hamilton, CCE, Director (SAIF Corporation)
- Lori Kimball, CBF, Director (Norpac Foods, Inc.)
- Yvonne Prinslow, CCE, Director (Hampton Affiliates)
- Erik VanDerWolf, Director (Tarr, LLC)